trying to get bookworm net going on an rpi4

Greetings folks;

Let me say first that I'm around 150 miles from any ipv6 capable network,
just to get that out of the way.

Its booted to a text login and the first thing I did was import a saved
copy of the hosts file, and added rpi4-20220122.coyote.den with an alias
of rpi42 to that file. Then I edited /etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0 to
set a static address, and added a dns-nameserver 192.168.xx.1 line to it,
my router and gateway, and a second additional line to set /proc/sys/
net/.../eth0/disable_ipv6 to a 1. And I've checked, disable_ipv6 is now a
1.

But that's not enough, ip a, after a /e/i/networking restart, still shows
its active, so I assume its sending its dns request out the ipv6 portal
and my router is a dummy load for anything ipv6. So I can ping all the
local machines, but cannot look up yahoo.com.

So question one:
So what is the official, works in bookworm every time, way to totally
kill ipv6, making it use ipv4 for everything?

This ought to be in a faq somewhere. Except everybody has their own
method. :(

And question 2:
I noticed also, there is not a first user, can I assume the first time
adduser gets run it will assign him/her/it as user 1000 AND will put that
user into sudoers?

Again, this is the 20220121 bookworm.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.