Re: firefox and limited bookmarks. WTH?

On 22/01/2022 20:05, gene heskett wrote:
Greetings all ff experts;

Since installing bullseye, and your version of firefox

Oldstable (Debian 10 Buster), and Oldoldstable (Debian 9 Stretch) are
using EXACTLY the same version of Firefox, 91.5.0. Nothing has changed
on that front.
See here:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/firefox-esr

, discovering that
dissenter is history, I just found that firefoxes forever retention of
bookmarks now has a max limit set way too low, or a timeout that is
quicker than it is useful. Looking at bookmarks, and its been about a
month since I logged in to move a few sheckels around, I needed to do
that again, and find that bookmark and login have been expired out of
access if not out of the machine. Obviously that, being my banking,

Being your banking - bingo!! Login retention time (in cookies) has been
set by your bank. Probably to one month, as you discovered. Ask them.
This (probably) has nothing to do with Firefox.
Just to be sure, that your Firefox doesn't not interfere with banking
cookies, go to Firefox settings, Privacy & Security tab, and check what
Browser Policy you are using. "Standard" is pretty much normal, but if
you are using "Strict" this may interfere with some cookies.

has
never been written down. I have foolishly depended on my browser to
remember all that.

Is that fixable from the about:config menu. to restore the former
hundreds of bookmarks it had back in stretch, or do I have to find
another browser and start all over.

Sorry but I don't understand your connection between logged in pages (in
cookies) and bookmarks. Are you saying now, that you lost bookmarks list
in your Firefox profile? Or that you have been logged out of some pages?
If that's the bookmarks saved in your Firefox profile, what steps have
you taken to save/preserve/restore your profile?

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/