Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 04:38:04AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> On Saturday, January 22, 2022 2:04:32 AM EST tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > Once that part is flying, tackle names :)

I stay still by this :)

> But, I found, quite by serendipity, in the raspios version of bullseye, a
> fix. Look at the bottom of /etc/dhcpdcp.conf,
                                  ^^^^^^^

...that one looks like a typo to me. On my (not quite standard, because
I avoid systemd) Debian buster, there is a /etc/dhcp hierarchy, with a
dhclient.conf, which gets into action whenever my machine requests an IP
address (typically when I do "ifup foo", for foo in eth0 or wlan0.

The host name does figure there: it goes out with the request, in case
the DHCP server wants to take decisions based on that. No DHCP server I
interact with takes notice, but they might.

This is the only connection I see.

That filename directly at top-level looks to me pretty raspi-specific.
Is it configuring some DHCP server, or your client?

Cheers