Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:51:20PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

> This is all well and good, Greg, but it still does NOT give a clue what
> todo when the system picks a fictitious route out of its rear.

Start debugging from bottom to top. For the first round, just deal in IP
addresses and routes (those are set in term of IP addresses, not names).
Forget about names.

Once that part is flying, tackle names :)

> And that IS my squawk.
>
> I did find a fix as posted earlier, but I doubt it will work under a pine
> tree in Wash State where these two cards will get mailed to once I get a
> realtime kernel installed and working. And I've got a v5.16.0-rc6-rt12,
> downright bleeding edge to install tomorrow.

Pethaps you'll have to have stern words with your DHCP server. This may
be the one giving your machines their weird IP addresses and (at least
part of the) routes.

Cheers