Re: Followup to my last...

On 1/18/22, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> didier gaumet (12022-01-18):
>> If you do not have internet (ethernet) during install, then follow these
>> steps:
>> http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/b43/#Device_firmware_installation
>
> Looks complicated.
>
> Just run "apt-get install", make not of the URLs that fail to download,
> download them from somewhere else and use a USB stick or something to
> transfer.

That's what I was thinking I'd seen suggested here before, too. I did
a quick "apt-cache search" for the bcm43 that Didier mentioned because
I remember encountering that in the past. This limited list came back
so it's here in whole:

b43-fwcutter - utility for extracting Broadcom 43xx firmware
firmware-b43-installer - firmware installer for the b43 driver
firmware-b43legacy-installer - firmware installer for the b43legacy driver
broadcom-sta-common - Common files for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
broadcom-sta-dkms - dkms source for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
broadcom-sta-source - Source for the Broadcom STA Wireless driver
firmware-brcm80211 - Binary firmware for Broadcom/Cypress 802.11 wireless cards

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey
* runs with birdseed *