Re: Followup to my last...

On 18/01/2022 07:29, R. Toby Richards wrote:
I'm installing Debian 11. The installer says that it is missing firmware
files: b43/ucode11.fw, b43/ucode11.fw, b43-open/ucode11.fw and
b43-open/ucode.fw. If you have such media available now, insert it, and
continue.

I downloaded the dang unofficial DVD ISO that supposedly has non-free
binaries, but the installer won't accept that media as having the
Broadcom drivers that I need.

You not supposed to give official installer ISO with unofficial
installer as source of files it needs.

You either:
1) *install* from unofficial installer directly,

2) install from official installer, but you need to download appropriate
.deb files, unpack them, put them on USB stick and give it to official
installer. It works, I tried it. I never needed unofficial thanks to that.

That being said, I don't have this WiFi module and I don't want to give
incorrect advice, I suggest go to this link below and read about
Broadcom install procedures:
https://wiki.debian.org/bcm43xx

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.