Re: Followup to my last...

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:29:12PM -0800, R. Toby  Richards wrote:
> I'm installing Debian 11. The installer says that it is missing firmware
> files: b43/ucode11.fw, b43/ucode11.fw, b43-open/ucode11.fw and
> b43-open/ucode.fw. If you have such media available now, insert it, and
> continue.

You've shown b43/ucode11.fw twice, but let's skip that for now.

None of the files you show here are present in any packages in Debian,
according to https://packages.debian.org/.

This particular device looks like it's a special case, where Debian
isn't allowed to distribute the firmware directly, not even in non-free.
Have a look at the firmware-b43-installer package:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/firmware-b43-installer

Rather than providing the firmware themselves, Debian have created this
package that will download the firmware from ... somewhere ... and package
it up for you.

Obviously, in order for this to work on a single machine, you'll need
a different means of accessing the Internet from that machine (e.g.
a wired ethernet connection).

If you dislike this situation, take it up with Broadcom.  Presumably it's
their license on the firmware that's causing your distress.