Re: Where do I find the definitive man page for mdadm?

On Friday 12 November 2021 12:07:54 Charles Curley wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 11:53:45 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Condensing this down bare bones it sounds like I should un-mount it,
> > format each to ext4 and re-create it just in case.  And should nuke
> > mdadm.conf before re-creating it.  Correct?
>
> Umount it, move mdadm.conf aside, create a new partition on each
> drive. Don't bother to format any of them, mdadm will clobber that
> formatting anyway.

What do I use to create/write a new GPT partition table?

Despite nuking mdadm.conf, and zeroing the drive with dd, its still
locked and untouchable by gparted. And I cannot rmmod the raid stuff,
its busy. Blanking the third one now with dd a 34 minute job. I'll
reboot again when the 4th drive has been zeroed.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis