Re: Where do I find the definitive man page for mdadm?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:12:58 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> What do I use to create/write a new GPT partition table?

I use fdisk. Parted and gparted will also do it.

> Despite nuking mdadm.conf, and zeroing the drive with dd, its still
> locked and untouchable by gparted. And I cannot rmmod the raid stuff,
> its busy. Blanking the third one now with dd a 34 minute job. I'll
> reboot again when the 4th drive has been zeroed.

There is a daemon that maintains the array for you. That has to be shut
down. So rebooting may be the way to go.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/