Re: Will my reportbug report be seen?

On Fri 10 Sep 2021 at 20:22:43 -0400, Steve Dondley wrote:

> > > Ok, while I was writing that last email, I got another confirmation:
> > >
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=994068
> > >
> > > So I'm probably good?
> >
> > Someone will probably fix up the metadata.  But this is an extremely
> > poor bug report.  It has NO useful details at all.
> >
> > You're basically relying on someone to go click on the URL you put
> > into the subject, read it, analyze it, figure out what it's talking
> > about, and then fix up your bug report to be readable.
>
> Yeah, had I known my bug report would be thrown in the subject, I would have
> changed things up a bit.
>
> The link that got thrown in the subject provides all the details, however.

The subject line should express as simply as possible what the issue
is. In your case it seems to involve stale files. URLs in the body of
the mail to *support* the report are OK. A URL that requires some
time to read needs thinking about including.

You could submit a new (revamped) report and close #994068. Why wait?

--
Brian.