Re: OT: Re: is it possible to send e-mail via Yahoo's smtp servers using Thunderbird (78.13.0)?

On 11/9/21 9:48 am, piorunz wrote:
Offtopic:

You sure you want to use Yahoo knowing what are they capable of, or,
what they are not capable of doing, where they should?

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/yahoo-admits-staff-knew-state-sponsored-hack-2014-1590924

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/yahoo-breach-one-billion-state-government-actor-criminals-1.3898586

Personally I use yahoo as a throw-away account for dodgy sites.

Using gmail you have the problem that google scans all messages and you may well get different search results. For instance my son emailed me his flight itinerary. Google picked up on that and gave me his details when I searched the flight number

Also, using gmail, it's noticeably slower than my own postfix and dovecot servers when I connect using my phone remotely. gmail authorisation seems to take a very long time.

--
Jeremy