Re: APT testing and unstabe Firefox: can't find newest version from unstable

rhkramer@gmail.com writes:

> Top posting and not quoting anything as I'm coming from a different POV.
>
> If the OP needs firefox 91 (or whatever), there is another option, installing
> the package available from Mozilla as a separate executable.

Sure. I've had an issue with the Debian Buster's packaged Firefox ESR so
I actually run LibreWolf from an AppImage. LibreWolf is a variant of
Firefox where they remove some things that they think violate your
privacy too much. AppImage is a packaging system where the app is
distributed as a single executable file. So compared to the Firefox
package Mozilla provides, the LibreWolf AppImage is a single file. I
just download the latest to /opt/bin and go...

I don't know if my issue is with Firefox ESR is still in Debian
Bullseye. I'll check that out, at some point...