Re: APT testing and unstabe Firefox: can't find newest version from unstable

On Vi, 03 sep 21, 19:05:23, Daniel M. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm running debian testing ("bookworm" at the moment) and have firefox
> 88 installed from unstable. My sources.list contains testing and
> unstable main, contrib and non-free lines and I have pinning set up to
> 900 testing, 500 unstable. Default-Release is set to "testing".

You might as well just get rid of your pinning, 500 is the default
priority and setting Default-Release is raising the priority of testing
to 990 anyway (`apt policy` should reflect that, otherwise something is
wrong).

apt_preferences(5) suggests APT treats Default-Release special compared
to some release with priority 990, so it's still worth using that
instead of pinning to 990.

Kind regards,
Andrei