Re: APT testing and unstabe Firefox: can't find newest version from unstable

Top posting and not quoting anything as I'm coming from a different POV.

If the OP needs firefox 91 (or whatever), there is another option, installing
the package available from Mozilla as a separate executable.

(Aside: I had to do that (for an earlier version of Firefox) because a website
that I must access periodically changed their design / minimum browser
requirement (without publicizing it very well).)

I don't remember exactly what I had to do, but the instructions (and
downloads) are available and reasonably easy to find on the Mozilla website.

Now I have two versions of Firefox installed (on my Jessie system (I know, I
know, I still plan to install bookworm on a new (to me) system -- life seems
to keep getting in the way).

If I simply start Firefox in the normal way (I type "Firefox" in the <alt><F2>
textbox, I get the "current" version of Firefox installed in Jessie.

When I need the newer Firefox, I type /opt/firefox/firefox in the same
<alt><F2> textbox.

IIUC, it is sort of a self-contained binary executable that doesn't depend on
libraries or such from the "main" Debian Jessie system.

(I didn't notice that anyone else had suggested this, so I did -- sorry if it
is a duplicate suggestion (or of no value).)