Re: colors messed up after X screen lock (buster with xfce)

I found at least a workaround: I installed and use xscreensaver for
locking the screen.  Unlike light-locker that xfce uses by default,
xscreensaver doesn't seem to mess with the colormap.

I should add: I am using nominally the same installation of debian 10 on
two computers with very different hardware, a desktop and a laptop.
Only the desktop computer is giving me the problems described earlier in
this thread.

Roland