Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

> But Debian detects a /dev/ttyACM0 port which suggests to me this 3D
> printer presents itself to the OS as a raw serial com port (tty) albeit
> through an USB connection (ACM), probably from compatibility reasons
> rather than mere aptitudes: it would then be detected as a
> /dev/USBsomething?

Indeed, many devices present themselves as things like CDC ACM, CDC NCM,
...  I assume it's because it's easier for the developers to work with
a communication protocol like RS-232 or like Ethernet (where you can
re-use loads of existing tools and expertise) than with the actual USB
protocol, which is less widely known (and with a less standardized API).

        Stefan