Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

Ah, dichotomy between what evolution permits and what culture
autorizes: sensible matter nowadays ;-)

It seems to me that you are perfectly right in establishing what are
the technical abilities of either hardware and software involved here.

But Debian detects a /dev/ttyACM0 port which suggests to me this 3D
printer presents itself to the OS as a raw serial com port (tty) albeit
through an USB connection (ACM), probably from compatibility reasons
rather than mere aptitudes: it would then be detected as a
/dev/USBsomething?

But that's only what I understand, perhaps wrongly, and I do not
pretend to be right here, my knowledge is *far* too limited :-)