Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

On Wednesday, December 22, 2021 10:00:24 AM EST didier gaumet wrote:
> Ah, dichotomy between what evolution permits and what culture
> autorizes: sensible matter nowadays ;-)
>
> It seems to me that you are perfectly right in establishing what are
> the technical abilities of either hardware and software involved here.
>
> But Debian detects a /dev/ttyACM0 port which suggests to me this 3D
> printer presents itself to the OS as a raw serial com port (tty) albeit
> through an USB connection (ACM), probably from compatibility reasons
> rather than mere aptitudes: it would then be detected as a
> /dev/USBsomething?

Not here on buster. Its /dev/ttyACM0.

> But that's only what I understand, perhaps wrongly, and I do not
> pretend to be right here, my knowledge is *far* too limited :-)
Mine too, zero experience with this sort of a critter. Its definitely /dev/
ttyACM0 when plugged in. Not a USB something.

I note from the web wiki you posted before (thanks) , two things, one being
the mention of prolific, and most of their stuff is busted in odd ways, and it
makes no mention of usb-2 compatibility, which is the case with these off-
lease dell's I use for utility stuff or driving CNC machinery I've built,
Their fastest usb is 2, No blue ports in a 4 pack of them.  Its the empty pci-
e slot I'm burning up on those I use for machine control.

'twould be nice if a way to use it for direct drive
was found.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)