Re: Up-to-date Bullseye, Power Save turned Samsung T55 Monitor off. Couldn't wake it up

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 7:06 AM Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:
On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 15:48:39 -0400
Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

> HP Elitedesk 705 G1.  Bullseye XFCE.
>
> I had a timeout set like usual.  Before, I could jiggle the Mouse and press
> the Shift Key and it would wake up, but not today.
>
> Fortunately, I was able to power up a Laptop, and SSH into the Elitedesk,
> and tell it to Shutdown cleanly.  (But, obviously not everyone has this
> option).
>
> (Until I can figure this out, I changed the Power settings to "Never" turn
> off the Monitor).
>
> Has anybody else experienced this?

I had such a problem and solved it by installing firmware for the
graphics card.

From lspci:
     VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Kaveri [Radeon R5 Graphics]

I *had* to install some sort of working Firmware before I could even get X to work.  (I was limited to oversized Text Screens of 80x24, like the old IBM Monitors from my IBM Mainframe days!)

Installed Firmware:  "firmware-linux-free", "firmware-linux-nonfree", "firmware-misc-nonfree", "firmware-amd-graphics", and "firmware-realtek".

Thank you.

Kenneth Parker