Re: how to record sound being played using arecord

Hi,

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 22:02:39 -0400
lou <loushanguan2015@sina.com> wrote:

(...)
> why shall i need OSS compatibility module if alsa works?

Because the thing you wanted to do did *not* work for you? ;-)

> after loading them, they don't help, i can't hear anything from
> recording

which commands exactly did you try? Did you set the capture channel to
"Vol" either by some gui mixer or with the aumix command I suggested?

The only reason I suggested loading the sound_*_oss modules is that
alsamixer/amixer seems to have no equivalent for this.

Best regards

Michael

You go slow, be gentle.  It's no one-way street -- you know how you
feel and that's all.  It's how the girl feels too.  Don't press.  If
the girl feels anything for you at all, you'll know.
		-- Kirk, "Charlie X", stardate 1535.8