Re: Up-to-date Bullseye, Power Save turned Samsung T55 Monitor off. Couldn't wake it up

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 8:44 AM Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 7:06 AM Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:
On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 15:48:39 -0400
Kenneth Parker <sea7kenp@gmail.com> wrote:

> HP Elitedesk 705 G1.  Bullseye XFCE.
>
> I had a timeout set like usual.  Before, I could jiggle the Mouse and press
> the Shift Key and it would wake up, but not today.
>
> Fortunately, I was able to power up a Laptop, and SSH into the Elitedesk,
> and tell it to Shutdown cleanly.  (But, obviously not everyone has this
> option).

Thank you all for your responses.  Fortunately, somebody else, I think on an Ubuntu forum (that I had googled), someone mentioned issues with light-locker.  And that purging it solved the issue.

So I tried that, with success!

What is the purpose of Light-Locker anyway?

Again, thanks,

Kenneth Parker