Re: Get Terminal to Echo line in buffer on backspace

Thomas Anderson (12021-08-30):
> It's hard for me to describe, so here is an example of I am looking to
> emulate (this is from a mac).
>
> https://cloud.little-beak.com/s/KxpjEHJ5RTEYZmS

Are you typing the ^R that appear on the screen?

What is the shell you are using? Does it have a line editor?

> On debian, I have tried many different terminal emulators, and all the
> visible options to get this type
>
> of behavior, but have failed. =(

If you are using a shell with a line editor, the behavior comes from the
line editor, not from the terminal emulator. You really need to have a
clear idea of what you are doing.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George