Re: All-in-One printer: HP OfficeJet 8012

On Thu 12 Aug 2021 at 19:03:23 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:

> On 2021-08-12 6:27 p.m., Brian wrote:
> > On Thu 12 Aug 2021 at 15:33:26 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> >
> > Please give a link at the Mopria website substantiating your clain that
> > a Mopria certified device should be ca[able of accepting PDF as a PDL
> > in addition to PWG raster and PCLm.
> >
> I forgot some hard to find information from Wikipedia

You also forgot to attempt to respond to a simple question. Curt
answered it satisfactorily.

You could have said "I do not know".

> If you doubt, 1st edit Wikipedia page and after this check the reference
> down the page.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mopria_Alliance
>
> *IPP*
>
> Windows 10 support for Mopria certified printers
> Microsoft implemented an IPP printing solution based on the Mopria
> standard in the Windows 10, version 1809 operating system.
>
> *autodiscovery*
> Mopria Print Service
> The Mopria Print Service for Android was released in the Google Play
> store in October 2014. It is a plug-in that enables printing from
> Android devices to Mopria certified printers and MFPs.
>
> A client uses mDNS to automatically discover a printer through the local
> 802.11 wireless network. The printer must be connected to the network
> either wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable. Mopria Print Service also
> supports printer connection through Wi-Fi Direct.

Any doubts I have do not relate to a transpot or discovery protocol
but to a common PDL. As demonstrated at

this is the critical third factor. You have completely ignored it.

> >> And all of the condition make a printer pretty much driver less.

You only mention two conditions. A driverless printing situation
requires *three* conditions.

> >> There's no link with you talking about AirPrint.

This is where you go off the rails. I am utterly amazed that such
a syatement could be made in the context of a Debian installation.
These well meaning but ill-formed ideas really will have to revised
to match reality.

A Mopria-certified printer is not a reliable indicator of driverless
printing being possible on Debian.
--
Brian.