Re: All-in-One printer: HP OfficeJet 8012

On Tue 10 Aug 2021 at 18:29:02 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:

[...]

> I'm using a Xerox B205 MFC and it's fully supported. Yes it's laser but
> the reason I am writing this message regard something else.
>
> It's the support of MOPRIA.
> Even if it's mostly made for Android, what it does is offer a discovery
> and printing protocol compatible with all CUPS system (will publish IP
> endpoint that support PostScript, PCL and PDF, all depending on the
> printer but at least one of them). Regarding the scanner, it will
> support sending by email thru the use of a SMTP server account.
>
> So I think we can say these devices will be supported by Linux (and Debian).

I was a bit taken aback when you advocated Mopria as a criterion for
determining whether a printer could be operated driverlessly on Debian.
But is it the *best* criterion?

I've now got my head around it.

Surely, it is better looking for AirPrint support in the printer specs
to determine the driverless capabilities of printer?

--
Brian