Re: All-in-One printer: HP OfficeJet 8012

On 2021-08-14 2:44 p.m., Brian wrote:
> On Thu 12 Aug 2021 at 19:03:23 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>
>> On 2021-08-12 6:27 p.m., Brian wrote:
>>> On Thu 12 Aug 2021 at 15:33:26 -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>>>
>>> Please give a link at the Mopria website substantiating your clain that
>>> a Mopria certified device should be ca[able of accepting PDF as a PDL
>>> in addition to PWG raster and PCLm.
>>>
>> I forgot some hard to find information from Wikipedia
>
> You also forgot to attempt to respond to a simple question. Curt
> answered it satisfactorily.
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/08/msg00624.html
>
> You could have said "I do not know".
>
>> If you doubt, 1st edit Wikipedia page and after this check the reference
>> down the page.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mopria_Alliance
>>
>> *IPP*
>>
>> Windows 10 support for Mopria certified printers
>> Microsoft implemented an IPP printing solution based on the Mopria
>> standard in the Windows 10, version 1809 operating system.
>>
>> *autodiscovery*
>> Mopria Print Service
>> The Mopria Print Service for Android was released in the Google Play
>> store in October 2014. It is a plug-in that enables printing from
>> Android devices to Mopria certified printers and MFPs.
>>
>> A client uses mDNS to automatically discover a printer through the local
>> 802.11 wireless network. The printer must be connected to the network
>> either wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable. Mopria Print Service also
>> supports printer connection through Wi-Fi Direct.
>
> Any doubts I have do not relate to a transpot or discovery protocol
> but to a common PDL. As demonstrated at
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/08/msg00681.html
>
> this is the critical third factor. You have completely ignored it.

> You only mention two conditions. A driverless printing situation
> requires *three* conditions.

> This is where you go off the rails. I am utterly amazed that such
> a syatement could be made in the context of a Debian installation.
> These well meaning but ill-formed ideas really will have to revised
> to match reality.
>
> A Mopria-certified printer is not a reliable indicator of driverless
> printing being possible on Debian.

If you say so, I'll agree with you because there's no use of arguing of
who's winning and I never had the expectation to win.

The only thing I know is that if you'd have read the Mopria site then
you'd have looked at the FAQ and wouldn't have needed someone else to
repeat you.

I am referring to this particular message.

I have already told you that it supported PDF and that all the
information was on the Mopria website.

I won't go back and write again all the message I've sent.

The 3 condition are met, if you don't want to see it then I can't do more.

You are somewhat crossing the line between acting in good faith and just
acting in plain confrontation.

Sorry, you are so beautiful, let me poke a knife thru my eye so I can
better admire you.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside