Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?

On Thu 15 Jul 2021 at 19:26:43 (+0100), Brian wrote:
> On Thu 15 Jul 2021 at 20:01:05 +0200, Stella Ashburne wrote:
>
> > root@perfect:/# file -sL /dev/sdb1
> > bash: file: command not found
> > root@perfect:/#
>
> File is a standard utilty. It should be on your system.

That's right, it's the 16th deb to be installed at the main
installation stage, but if you use the installer stick for
rescue, I don't think it's installed early enough.

>  apt install file

Chicken and egg: I think the OP is trying to set up some sort of
repository to install packages from. (I can't be sure. I would
have preferred it if they'd continued to try and boot their
actual installed system, but any help I might have given
fell short because I have no experience with LVM.)

Cheers,
David.