Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?

> Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM
> From: "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue Mode?
>
> On Thu 15 Jul 2021 at 20:01:05 +0200, Stella Ashburne wrote:
>
> > root@perfect:/# file -sL /dev/sdb1
> > bash: file: command not found
> > root@perfect:/#

Nope, apparently it isn't available in Rescue Mode.

Entered encryption passphrase -> Choose a device to use as root file system -> /dev/perfect-vg/root -> Execute a shell in /dev/perfect-vg/root

> File is a standard utilty. It should be on your system.

It isn't available in Rescue Mode.

>  apt install file

Unable to install now as I'm in Rescue Mode without an internet connection. The only way for me to install packages is to use the USB-installer (Debian 11) and I can't mount it.