Re: Working for free [was: Offensive variable names]

On 2021-07-13 20:47, Brian wrote:
On Tue 13 Jul 2021 at 14:59:27 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 07:32:19PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> May I suggest we get back on-topic.

There's a topic?  I think we're so far from the topic that we can't
even get back to it with a compass.

Your OP was important and interesting.

> Greg Wooledge (he who has
> disappeared) could just sensitively edit the wiki page he has
> an interest in, That's what I would do.

I "disappeared" because I had nothing more to say.

Fair enough.

                                                    Also apparently
any time I say anything, I'm perceived as a jerk.

That's not correct. And it is not my view. I would have gone about
the issue in a different way, but that is just me. It is of legitimate
concern.

                                                    Or maybe it's just
when I stand up for myself, who knows.

I think your reaction does point to a difficiency in wiki management.

I've restored the sources.list entries in the FAQ sections of the wiki
pages for stretch and buster.  We'll see what happens next, I guess

I have not looked yet but that is what I would do.

I understand that there are people spend their entire days going through wiki pages to "correct" things.
my original comment was in no way directed at any person.
Centralized control of thoughts is definitely a bad thing.
Free open software is a good thing
mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31