Re: Working for free [was: Offensive variable names]

	Hi.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 09:20:12AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > Working for free.
> >
> > Yes. This aspect was always annoying to Microsoft and alike.
>
> Times have changed. Now Microsoft *loves* free work... done for
> them [1].

Nothing had changed in this regard. Every software corporation always
adored enthusiasts doing their job for them. No exceptions.

> Not that this enhances my love for Microsoft, mind you. It rather
> confirms my initial gut feeling to stay out of Githubs way wherever
> I can.

Github (Gitlab, Sourceforge, etc) were and are non-free (as in -
non-gratis) services, so it's only reasonable to stay away from them
regardless of whom is controlling them.

You need to be in control of your code - *you* host it. Always was,
always is. It's not that hard anyway.

Reco