Re: Mail Reader

On Jo, 08 iul 21, 19:38:36, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > I can only recommend things I have reasonably recent experience with.
>
> Mutt's awesome. I use it many times a day.

[...]

> Only mutt can handle 500,000 pieces of mail in an archive in a
> way that is both performant and reasonable for something other
> than "search and destroy".

One thing I forgot to mention about (neo)mutt is the level of automation
that can be achieved in day-to-day tasks.

Sure, advanced clients typically have some built-in pre-processing
(sorting/filtering) or it can be plugged in before delivery (maildrop,
imapfilter, etc.) and possibly have some support for custom macros.

However, with (neo)mutts patterns, hooks and macros it's possible to
automate just about everything one does with mail *afterwards* (move to
specific folder after reading, reply in particular way, etc.),
everything based on specific folders and/or patterns.

Probably the only other clients that can match (and possibly surpass
this) are those based on Emacs, though the learning curve might be
steeper.

Kind regards,
Andrei