Re: Mail Reader

On 2021-07-08, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside <debian@polynamaude.com> wrote:

> I understand that the use of terminal software may be some advantage but

The use of terminal software can be fatal.

I use alpine myself, but the core members of the group---who sometimes
remind me of the dinosaurs in the back row of AA meetings (see *Infinite
Jest* if you're interested)---swear by Mutt (repeatedly swear by it
without noticeable fatigue, every time this self-same question is posed,
which is about once a week, but then I exaggerate, of course, for
effect). The thing is, though, 99% of the people asking this question
are looking for a GUI app, so the Mutt responses are nearly always *à
côté de la plaque*. This doesn't bother these recidivists, because they
don't really concern themselves with the question asked. All they
really care about is the answer given: *Their* answer.

So please, do yourself a favor, in the future, tailor your questions to
the answers, rather than expecting the reverse.

-:)