Mail Reader

Hi guys (and possibly girls),

I am currently using Thunderbird as a mail reader.
It did a good job until now.
I am also using the PGP plugin.

But I am feeling the limits, it also gets somewhat pretty slow (even
with a powerful enough computer) if I need for example delete 100
messages on my mailing list inbox.

I was planning at first to create different folder and copy messages to
each of them, so I have a local archive of my conversation on the Debian
mailing list.

But I've changed my mind as Thunderbird is somewhat slow.

What would any of you suggest as a mail reading software ?
I could use claws-mail
I could use other mail client
I could also install a web based mail client on another server and
possibly create some local folders (don't know if this is possible).
I get my mail for a IMAP server and use SMTP for sending, so this is
pretty much a standard installation.

As I have a unused server in a data center, I wouldn't mind to use it as
a remote mail client. But this is a 2nd choice, I would rather have a
local copy of my messages. This way I can easily do some search, even if
I'm having problem with Internet or copy it onto my laptop, having
access where I don't have access to 3G/4G internet.

Thanks for all the opinions you may give.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside