Re: Failure to use 3840x2160 30hz with Intel 620 chipset

On 7/8/21 11:34 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

the PC crashes (all is black, need to power off).

You should have no need of gtf or mode creation with 620 graphics. Mode creation
via xrandr is an anachronism. X knows very well how to auto generate modes when
provided with needed specs. If EDID, the usual source for the data, is broken,
then provide the specs via:

Yes, EDID is wrong and does not show 3840x2160 warranted by Samsung for UR59C 32".
	/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf
containing the horizontal sync and vertical refresh rates for your display, e.g.:

	Section "Monitor"
	    Identifier	"Default Monitor"
		HorizSync	28-85
		VertRefresh	50-100
		Option	"PreferredMode"	"3840x2160"
	EndSection

This has no effect but I suppose the problem is due to the 2 screen configuration. So I have tried replacing Identifier with :

 Identifier    "HDMI-1"

But it is not better...

I have put in https://paste.debian.net/1203873/
the content of  .local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log

It seems that the Modeline 3840x2160 is recognized, but the 30hz limitation is not expressed.

Acer swift5 specifies 3840x2160 but with a 30hz limitation, no more frequency.

Thanks you very much

PC