Re: Mail Reader

On Jo, 08 iul 21, 12:26:14, Curt wrote:
> On 2021-07-08, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside <debian@polynamaude.com> wrote:
>
> > I understand that the use of terminal software may be some advantage but
>
> The use of terminal software can be fatal.
>
> I use alpine myself, but the core members of the group---who sometimes
> remind me of the dinosaurs in the back row of AA meetings (see *Infinite
> Jest* if you're interested)---swear by Mutt (repeatedly swear by it
> without noticeable fatigue, every time this self-same question is posed,
> which is about once a week, but then I exaggerate, of course, for
> effect). The thing is, though, 99% of the people asking this question
> are looking for a GUI app, so the Mutt responses are nearly always *à
> côté de la plaque*. This doesn't bother these recidivists, because they
> don't really concern themselves with the question asked. All they
> really care about is the answer given: *Their* answer.

I can only recommend things I have reasonably recent experience with.

As far as I recall, when I used it Claws Mail was very good, but had
poor support for Maildir (unmaintained plugin) and I really wanted to
have my getmail -> maildrop -> MUA -> MTA -> smart host setup.

Once I got reasonably proficient with mutt (and vim) I just never felt
the need to go back, even though my current setup (provider IMAP/SMTP
server only, sorted with imapfilter) doesn't really require it anymore.

The daily horror of using Outlook at work probably doesn't help either.

And then there's the equivalent of https://xkcd.com/1782/

Kind regards,
Andrei