Re: Mail Reader

<debian@polynamaude.com> wrote:
> > > I understand that the use of terminal software may be some
> > > advantage but
> >
> > The use of terminal software can be fatal.
>
> Definitely. It may get... addictive.
>
> > I use alpine myself [...]
> > remind me of the dinosaurs in the back row of AA meetings (see
> > *Infinite Jest* if you're interested)---swear by Mutt (repeatedly
> > swear by it without noticeable fatigue, every time this self-same
> > question is posed,
>
> They *just* might have a point, then ;-D

As do those of us who use fetchmail to feed procmail, and procmail with
some spamassassin for deaths and diversions to feed the TDE version of
kmail-1.9, all totally background processes. So it is all automatic with
my only interaction being a mouse click to goto the next unread msg, a
mouseclick to answer it if I can help, and a mouseclick or ctl+return to
send when I'm done typing. Of course fetchmail is built from the latest
tarball. kmail is a TDE R14 fork of kde at version 3.5 with hundreds of
bugs fixed. My kmail is in maildir format, and the corpus of email
totals around 12GB. And it all Just Works. And my mailbox at my ISP is
left empty every 2 minutes since fetchmail, using imap protocol, can
delete fetched messages.  Whats not to like? But I've been 4 ISP's and
20 years making it Just Work. ;-)
> > -:)
>
> <:*)
>
> Cheers