Re: How to reference xxxdvd1.iso in sources.list

On Thu 13 May 2021 at 10:03:37 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 05/13/2021 08:32 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 06:42:57AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Somebody has written on the general topic but what I had seen was
> > > not in the debian.org hierarchy. What I had seen accommodated
> > > multiple ISO9660 DVD images in a single directory without using loop
> > > mounting. Once found I'd like to see it reference in Section 4.3 of
> > > "Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide".
> >
> > Hm. There are ways to access iso9660 without mounting it
> > (libiso9660, for example), but I don't think apt follows
> > that path (glad to learn something new).
> >
> > Is there any special reason you want to avoid mounting?
> >
> It's _loop_ mounting of _each_ ISO I wish to avoid.
>
> What I had seen had the general for in fstab of
>
>   /dev/hdb5	/mydvds	ISO9660		defaults	1	1
>
> and each iso of a dvd had its own line in sources.list *IIRC*

As was pointed out in
this comes up again and again, as in
(Second anniversary celebrations imminent.)

That thread might make a good starting point. Disclaimer:
I don't know what the OP has seen that we're all supposed
to look for, and cite in the IG.

Cheers,
David.