(OT) Jokes, lprng and old cars [was: Printing addresses on a #10 envelope (US)?]

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 06:38:46PM +0200, deloptes wrote:

[...]

> around 1998 you could already print with other tools than lpr or lprng.
> When I listen to you guys I have a respect, but you must understand that
> time goes on - this is like advertising Mercedes Benz from 1930 and telling
> me how cool this car was ... well might be, might be, but no one needs this
> anymore - except the museum.

Difference is, the Benz 1930 guzzled gas like there was no tomorrow and was
slow and uncomfortable.

Lprng uses up way less resources than CUPS, is easier to set up and
understand, and Just Works.

I don't have a car, BTW. Never had. Prefer to invest in tasty food :)

> So I just wanted to make a joke :)

That's OK, but then don't be surprised when jokes come back ;-)

Cheers
-- t