Re: Printing addresses on a #10 envelope (US)?

David Wright wrote:

>> And the year is 1998 :D
>
> You can go back two more decades. I recall writing a stand-alone
> program to print a learned society's mailing labels on a Decwriter.
> For me it was an exercise, as I had only written OS360/370 assembler
> to extend FortranIV until then. For the subscription secretary, it
> enabled a faster turnround as we didn't have to persuade the operators
> to load sticky labels on their busy lineprinters. Less waste too:
> I still have clean fanfold labels that they jettisoned after lining
> up the lineprinters all those years ago.

around 1998 you could already print with other tools than lpr or lprng.
When I listen to you guys I have a respect, but you must understand that
time goes on - this is like advertising Mercedes Benz from 1930 and telling
me how cool this car was ... well might be, might be, but no one needs this
anymore - except the museum.

So I just wanted to make a joke :)

In fact if you want to read such posts more often you should subscribe to
RPi mailing list comp.sys.raspberry-pi. It's mostly like this - very little
epistemological benefit for the reader, but amusing.