Re: Graphical session does not close until unattended-upgrades has applied all updates

Le 23/04/2021 à 09:48, Yvan Masson a écrit :
[...]
I would expect the session to be completely closed, LightDM stopped, and the console or Plymouth displaying a message indicating the ongoing updates.
[...]

Hello,

Disclaimer: I have never experimented myself whait I suggest

Perhaps adapting the unattended-upgrades.service systemd service by declaring that the lightdm service is to be stopped before this service is started would do.

As for Plymouth notifying about ugrades during shutdown, if it is not already the case (when unattended-upgrades the unattended-upgrades.service systemd service to script Plymouth, or more simply, setup Plymouth to be more informative
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2009/09/project-plymouth.html