Re: Possible?! A Debian public repository for all complex code lines with examples and scripts?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:20:11 +0300
George Shuklin <george.shuklin@gmail.com> wrote:

> My point was that 'sh' approach (including
> bash and dash) is really, really bad. Bash as a programming language
> is super tricky, with lots of landmines and almost no validation
> whatsoever for errors (there is a bit, but way less than expected
> from any modern system language).

Something that may help this problem is shellcheck. If you use emacs,
you can have emacs check on the fly with package elpa-flycheck. I
expect other editors have similar support.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/