Re: Button events from headphone+micro combo

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 19:35, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> Anyway. It is a classical "hack" which means taking something you
> have and extending it in some unexpected and usually very creative
> way. Enjoyable, most of the time extremely useful, in a nutshell:
> the engineers core value :-)

> But I stand by "ugly". Which isn't intended to be dismissive.

> P.S: I've no aversion to analog electronics, but I think it's
> rim-full of ugly hacks "we just pretend this transistor has
> no VBE0 and is a linear device" or something :-)

Nooo, please stop digging this hole deeper :)

Those are not hacks (by your definition above).
Rather, they're ugly lies, which if believed will result in tears :)

Simplified models can assist learning, like those
1-dimensional models in the physics class ;p

But there is much more learning required beyond this level, for
anyone who wants to achieve real-world results.

</offtopic>