Re: Button events from headphone+micro combo

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 03:05:58PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> [...]

[...]

> > > Do the events "arrive" somewhere in the Big Software Stack [1] ?
> >
> > I wish I knew.
> >
> > > To stick the fork into a random point: what does xev say?
> >
> > It stays desperately silent when I press those buttons (tho it is as
> > chatty as usual when I move the mouse or hit keyboard keys, of course).
>
> Does acpi-listen pick them up?

Thanks. That'd be the next stop, but I was struggling to find
the name :)

> It's entirely possible that the Librem doesn't have a sound chip
> that translates impedance changes to button clicks. You could
> ask the hardware folks, right?

Ugh. A construction like this [1], where the mic is shorted with
varying resistors to transmit signals?

Ugly hacks folks come up with, that :-/

Cheers

[1] https://askubuntu.com/questions/963447/use-button-on-headset