Re: Button events from headphone+micro combo

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 09:59:08PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> My Librem mini comes with a an audio jack in the front into which I can
> connect the same headphones-with-micro as used typically on phones.
>
> This works fine to the extent that I can hear the audio out and it can
> grab the audio from the microphone, but what about the buttons
> (typically used to increase/decrease volume and stop/play music)?
> How can I capture those events to make them do something useful?

Do the events "arrive" somewhere in the Big Software Stack [1] ?
To stick the fork into a random point: what does xev say? Does
it see the buttons?

Cheers

[1] I'd be tempted to call it "Pile" or "Compost Heap", but then
   they'll say that I'm a Grumpy Old Man and should go out for a
   walk ;-D

 - t