Re: Dell R440 with Debian 10.7.0 Display Issues

On Sat 27 Mar 2021 at 11:20:21 -0500, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2021, 10:00 AM didier gaumet <didier.gaumet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Debian installer in graphic mode seems to rely on a VESA/VGA driver
> > rather than a driver dedicated to the hardware detected?
> >   on my laptop, I just booted an USB Debian 10 installer key and it was
> > the vga16fb module that was loaded
> >

> That was my understanding also. Lowest common-denominator is the reason I
> believe.

The installer starts in this fashion and ends in the same way. I would
contend that the contents of the official unofficial offering have zero
influence on this outcome in the normal course of events. It is not all
things for all people and consideration should be given to not seeing it
as such.

--
Brian.