Re: WiFi Hardware not detected, during Debian NetInst Install

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 7:02 PM Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z <santiagopinth@gmail.com> wrote:
El jue, 25 mar 2021 a las 17:31, Kenneth Parker (<sea7kenp@gmail.com>) escribió:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 12:09 PM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>> But it appears that I might need to point out that it's very easy and
>> quick to re-collect a failing installation log at any time if the
>> "original" ones were lost/overwritten or whatever:
>>
>>  1. Boot with the appropriate installation medium.
>>
>>  2. Proceed with expert installation in the original manner,
>>     as far as the "Detect Network Hardware", which of course fails.
>>
>>  3. After the failure, and back at the Main Menu, select
>>     "Save debug logs".
>>
>>  4. Insert a USB stick, switch to VC2, mount the stick and create
>>     a directory on it.
>>
>>  5. Back at VC1, complete the directory name at the prompt and
>>     save the logs. (ls on VC2 if you want to check them.)
>>
>>  6. Select "Abort the installation". All that should have taken
>>     about five or ten minutes so far.
>>
>>  7. Read/edit/post excerpts from the logs at leisure. (That's when
>>     it helps to know what strings you're looking for.)
>

> Since the actual logs from the Install are small, I proceeded, up to # 6.  And then, tarred the resulting directory, and sent it to the Bug Report.
>
>> That's what's lacking from the bug report.
>

> Hopefully, this will help.

Thank you, Mr. Kenneth Parker.

I noticed in the "syslog" that modprobe couldn't find the module "rtw_8723de"
that was not listed on the "hardware-summary"; instead, lsmod shows
"rtw88_8723de".
Then, the module "r8169" tried to load the firmware but that module
belongs to the
GbE card.

I think I'll be sending this to the bug report.

Thank you!

Have a nice day.

You too.

--