Re: SERIOUSLY DANGEROUSLY OFF-TOPIC verb conjugation

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 01:41:42PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
> On 23-03-2021 06:06, deloptes wrote:
> > Weaver wrote:
> >
> >> Not an easy language to learn, however, unless you already have Slavic
> >> roots.
> >
> > You mean Chinese is easier than Russian and Russian is harder than French?
> > And I mean not only speaking, but also writing
>
>  Yes, once you understand the structure of Mandarin, it's not hard to
> get on top of it.
> Russian is harder than French, but the French find it easier to learn
> than most, because they are already familiar with concepts such as verb
> conjugation, which they both share.

Therefore, Arabic and Latin (which also share verb conjugation) must
be a piece of cake for French people. As should be Spanish, Adyghe
and Ilocano. All of them conjugated! THIS MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!

Actually, Russian conjugations are pretty primitive, nothing like
French. The tricky part in Russian is verb aspects, something which
is quite unfamiliar to French (and most predominantly romance
languages) and more familiar to Germanic languages. Although this
pattern has been drowned in the lexicon in most of the latter.

Uh -- whatever.

C'm on, folks. This thread has been wrung out. Let it die.

And, oh, Weaver: either you have no clue or you are pulling our
legs. Possibly both.

Cheers
 - t