Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

Celejar wrote:

> I'm not sure whether you're being serious or facetious, but WhatsApp
> apparently has genuine end-to-end encryption, using the Signal protocol,
> and neither of the ends is Facebook.
>
> Of course, it's closed source, so we can't know for sure what's really
> in there, and I certainly won't use it, but as far as anyone knows, it
> is the real deal:

come one - as soon as you are hooked to the internet, you are exposed. The
only way to ensure truly encrypted communication is to do the
encryption/decryption offline.
Why should I bother with your encryption efforts, when I can read your
screen?