Re: [?]Boot Debian Live image with Grub loopback loop line with Debian iso

Susmita/Rajib (12021-03-18):
> My illustrious Team Members,
>
> Acting on your advice on the Realtek thread, I have downloaded a Live
> ISO of Debian Buster debian-live-10.8.0-amd64-lxde.iso and proceeded
> from there.
>
> I had created a lot of unnecessary noise (at that time, unduly made
> anxious by no help received) across many List pages and Debian Forums.
> The Legacy Grub2 issue has since been bypassed.
>
> The Noises:
> (1)   Since 2015, my following question at Debian Forum lies unanswered:
> [Boot Debian Live images with Grub2 loopback loop]
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=121092
>
> Then there were these posts too to debian-boot@lists.debian.org,
> debian-cd@lists.debian.org, pkg-grub-devel@alioth-lists.debian.net,
> and debian-live@lists.debian.org, with the subject line:
> [Four(4) problems, individually mentioned by three(3) emails and the rest]
> at https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2019/09/msg00020.html
>
> The limitations were gradually overcome by support received from
> Debian leaders and persistent brain-storm.
>
> I was able to make a satisfactory loopback loop line.
>
> Inspired by the Debian-Live ISO, boot/grub/grub.cfg file, I could
> reach thus far:
> menuentry "Debian GNU/Linux 10.8.0 Live amd64" {
> echo 1
> set isofile="/debian/debian-live-10.8.0-amd64-lxde.iso"
>          loopback loop (hd0,gptx)$isofile
>   linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz-4.19.0-14-amd64 boot=live components
> splash quiet "${loopback}"
>   initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img-4.19.0-14-amd64
>
> submenu "Debian Live with Localisation Support" {
>
> menuentry "English (en)" {
>   linux  (loop)/live/vmlinuz-4.19.0-14-amd64 boot=live components
> locales=en_US.UTF-8 quiet splash
>   initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img-4.19.0-14-amd64
> 			}
> 	}
> }
>
> Then I was able to reach only up to (initramfs), snapshot at the
> following Link: http://bit.do/Debian10-8-0_stallingHere

I tried recently the same thing, and I arrived at this:

http://nsup.org/~george/comp/live_iso_usb/debian_live.html

What your configuration seems to be missing is the bit that ends up
adding "findiso=/debian/debian-live-10.8.0-amd64-lxde.iso" to the kernel
command-line.

On the other hand, I did not manage to enable persistence.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George