Re: [?]Boot Debian Live image with Grub loopback loop line with Debian iso

On 18.03.2021 11:33, Susmita/Rajib wrote:

Then I was able to reach only up to (initramfs), snapshot at the
following Link: http://bit.do/Debian10-8-0_stallingHere

I most humbly request you to please be a little patient with me as I
am not as gifted as you are in these matters.

Best.
Rajib

Booting process stops there because it can't find initramfs image.
When you map a loop device for GRUB it exist for GRUB only and doesn't propagate into booted OS.
So you have to 'tell' booted system where to find iso-file, mount it again within OS and adjust paths, so the rest of files needed to finish booting process could be found.
This could be done by modifying init scripts, like "/scripts/init-premount".
Some live-OS images could be tricked to look into root of USB drive and get needed files (like 'filesystem.squashfs') from there, so you could try to extract "/live" directory and all files from it from iso file into a root of a USB drive and see if original init-scripts are smart enough to find it.
This will probably defeat the purpose of "booting an iso" task, but at least it is a starting point and a nudge into right direction.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org