Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Jo, 18 mar 21, 09:28:06, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> So while I don't doubt that the WA client *could* *in principle*
> do end-to-end encryption, they'll do whatever it takes to trick
> end users to share their juicy data with the mothership, FB. It's
> their life-blood.

I'm guessing the full list of contacts as well as all metadata is
already very useful for Facebook.

> Should they need help with that "tricking users to do silly things"
> part, the mothership, FB, has expertise on that.
>
> So if you do everything right, if you only communicate with a tight
> knit group, if you check all the other's keys, yadda, yadda -- then
> it'll possibly work (there are enough mentions of embarrasing bugs
> on that Wikipedia page to underscore the "possibly" part, though).

Yeah...

> But then you could do as well mail/gpg. The user interface is, at
> least better, and the most egregious bugs might be shaken out by
> now.

What (mobile) mail clients does your definition of "better" include
(assuming they even support GPG/MIME)?

Kind regards,
Andrei